Monday, April 30, 2012

The Kolden Report: Week in review, April 30, 2012

Hi, kids!
 
Thank you to the anonymous donor that left me the envelope containing box tops for education, for Miss Meiya.  If you let me know who you are, you WILL be thanked properly!
 
My photo computer died Friday and some considerable time was spent getting another in usable condition.  Thanks to Jim Samsel for the donation of his old computer to the cause and also to my Jim for swapping hard drives and ram.  The good news?  I am back in business!
 
Much needed rain fell this weekend and the countryside is tinged with green, already!   We are all glad of it and maybe the dust won't swirl so fiercely next time the wind blows.
 
Now, on to the report!
 
 
Backlit buds.
 
 
 
Blowzy blossoms. 
 
(I spied this apple tree covered in bright pink blossoms last week, as stopped to shoot it.  Today, that entire yard is stripped bare to the ground and the glorious is tree laying in a heap.  Apparently misfortune befell that homeowner and their water or sewer was dug up.  This is the last time that tree will bloom!)
 
 
 
 
Always love the rising sun on a cloudy day.
 
 
 
Paddling perfection. 
 
 
 
I raced along the bank trying to capture the "perfect" shot of them as they sliced through the calm water.
 
 
 
I was stunned to see the reflection of the bridge in the water.  The river is rarely calm enough to see this or perhaps it's like my duck pond?  (I didn't notice it before...)
 
 
 
 
One evening, I spied the 'road less traveled', under fat clouds.
 
 
A coworker and his family were fishing a bit farther down the road.  I stopped to visit and was shown this patterned bug.
 
 
Duck quartet.
 
 
 
 
 
How the term "horsing around" came to be...
 
 
 
 
WINDY day, when whitecaps are seen on the river. 
 
 
 
Henny Penny
 
 
 

 
Fierce...
 
 
 One little....
 
 
Two little....
 
 
Three little ....mule deer. 

 
Cirrus or cumulus?  (My college meteorology class hasn't done me much good, has it?)
 

 
'Stealth' red wing black bird.
 
Lone soldier....

 
Serenity.
 
Dew kissed grasses I
Dew kissed grasses II- (Couldn't decide which I like best.)
 
 

 
 
Misty morning. 
 
"Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities." -  Aldous Huxley
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment