Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Kolden Report, Nashau, MT Cemetery, Part one, September 15, 2013


  
Hello, kids!

I think I have a handle on my image resampling/resizing again so chalk that up to another win for the Norwegian girl!  There is something to be said for tenacity, right?

I'm dedicating today's report to the memory of those who have gone before us.  
_____________________________________________________________________________________

On our way by one day, I asked Jim to stop at the Nashua Cemetery, having never been there.  Little did I realize, we'd be visiting some old friends...
 
  
 
 



The first grave we visited was someone we both knew quite well.
 
 


It's very fitting that his plane is on his head stone.
 
  
 
 

 

I love the old photo on this head stone as well as the sentiment.


  
 
 
 
 

I'm told it is Ukrainian and means "Rest in peace".  In my opinion, the language is beautiful!

  
 
 
 
 

Another pilot?  Google states there was a Pan Am crash in 1979 at Heathrow.  Could this soul have been aboard?
 
 
 
 
 

How many people are born and die on the same month and day?  

  
 
 
 


Motorcycle man.
 
 
  
 

What an elegant and beautiful stone.....

  
 
 
 


A touching sentiment.  
 
 
 

I would LOVE to see this man's photo's.    I wonder if his surviving relatives have his images?  

Stay tuned for part two.
***********************************************************************************************************
Great minds must be ready not only to take opportunities, but to MAKE them.
- Charles Cotton
***********************************************************************************************************
www.kittykolden.com
www.thekoldenreport.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment