Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Kolden Report: Support Cousin Laura! June 11th, 2014

 Hello, kids!


My cousin Laura is on a mission. Support her cause, if you can.  She is running a 26.2 mile marathon on June 21st in support of cancer research!    Here, is her mission:
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For my 40th birthday, I’m going to run my first marathon (yep 26.2 miles!) at the Seattle Rock `n’ Roll Marathon on June 21, 2014. In honor of this milestone, I’m asking my friends and family to help me raise $4000 for my 40th birthday to donate to cancer research.
I’ve chosen the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS) based on their commitment to cancer research and the support they provide to families and cancer patients. I’ve also joined their Team in Training program to help me accomplish my running goal (26.2 miles!).
Cancer has touched my life because it has affected my family, my friends and their families. I imagine everyone I’m writing to knows someone who has been affected by cancer as well.
I would love to have your support meeting both of these goals. Thankfully, thoughts and prayers don’t cost a thing and donating is easy:
Emotional support
Financial support
  • Online at my personal fundraising page http://pages.teamintraining.org/wa/rnrseatl14/lmullg
  • By check (made out to LLS)
  • Double your donation with a matching gift from your company!
  • Spread the word about what I'm doing. Ask 3 friends if they'd be interested in sponsoring me
  • Hold a “Team Laura” event (garage sale, bake sale, donation jar) with proceeds going towards LLS through my fundraising campaign
  • Corporate sponsorships are available starting at $1000- contact me directly for more information
  • All contributions are tax deductible (Tax ID # 13-5644916)
*****************************************************************************************************************************************
"You are never too old to set another goal or  to dream a new dream." - C.S. Lewis
*****************************************************************************************************************************************
www.thekoldenreport.blogspot.com
www.kittykolden.com

No comments:

Post a Comment