Friday, July 1, 2016

The Kolden Report: Brookside Woolen Mill (and THEN some!)

Hello, kids!
I attended a mindfulness class over the weekend.  Let me tell you!  If you get a chance, try it out.  You won't regret it.
Now, on to a menagerie, complete with a tour of Northeast Montana's own Brookside Woolen Mill.  Enjoy!








Any guesses as to what this is?








It is the remnants of Epsom salts in a steel pan! 







A robin posed for me one morning....





He looked me in the eye...






And was OFF!





Horns budding.







And his buddy has horns?  I wonder why this happens?  Differing levels of testosterone?






I had occasion to tour Brookside Woolen Mill in Malta.  They make wool insulation there, as well as other items.  






It's quite a process to go from raw wool, to washed insulation.






Here, the finished product is being stuffed into bale bags.


A closer look.







Lots of equipment (some of it vintage)...is required to go from start to finish.






The machinery to wash wool, runs the full length of the large building.






Remnants.







I found the textures captivating.



Such an interesting process!





Eco friendly for sure.






The vintage equip is still going, after all these years.







Pulleys-r-us!






Freeze-frame.





Going to work one morning, I saw this dog bopping along happily.



Once it realized it had been seen, it froze!






Pheasants pair.






Sneaking off...







I'm in love with the sounds of Meadowlarks.  They are singing their hearts out in search of mates.







Golden moment.






Crabby rabbit?






Apparently, I'll never grow up.  I'm still fascinated by the car wash!






Textures in wax and water.






Moody moment.






IS the grass greener?





Gratitude ( that my parents are still on the planet). 

 I do realize how blessed I am when I look at my friends, many of whom have neither parent alive.    Google says that gratitude is a personality trait.  Google also says:   More than any other personality trait, gratitude is strongly linked to mental health and life satisfaction. Grateful people experience more joy, love, and enthusiasm, and they enjoy protection from destructive emotions like envy, greed, and bitterness.  YAY, gratitude!

Along with being grateful for my parents and my talented and patient husband, I'm grateful for YOU and your loyal and enthusiastic responses to my photography over the years.  I am truly blessed.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Awareness of impermanence is encouraged, so that when it is coupled with OUR appreciation of the enormous potential of our human existence, it will give us a sense of urgency THAT I MUST USE EVERY PRECIOUS MOMENT." -  H.H. the Dalai Lama

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
www.kittykolden.com
www.thekoldenreport.blogspot.com








No comments:

Post a Comment