Monday, May 17, 2010

Kolden "Oh, What a weekend!" Report, Day three, May 16, 2010

Here is the view "from my window" when I woke Sunday morning. 


I spotted this little duck who nervously flew after noticing me!
We wondered if the salt cedar experiment still continues or if it's just left in place, waiting for funding?  Two of the little huts are now either tipped over or purposely positioned on their sides.  We didn't investigate.
I found my first weather balloon. 


These two buck antelope watched us warily


These birds bobbed happily in a little puddle alongside the road.
Here is a glimpse of Big Sky Country Montana
We stopped to visit the historic "CK  Ranch". 

It had been quite a spread in it's heyday and is situated along a little creek.


This is my favorite shot of the place.

Think of all the work it took to build these structures out of logs.  Even today, they look sound.


After our trip down memory lane, we returned to Whitey to find this - our first flat tire on Whitey.

 Some resistant lug nuts caused us to try to patch the hole after I pumped air into the tire and listened to it whistle right back out.  The hole was too large for patching so, we were forced to find some "cheaters" to convince the lug nuts to release, which they did.  The spare was mounted and we were back on the road home again.

At the Prairie Elk Colony, we watched this whirlwind (dust devil) perform in the corn stubble.




All in all, it was quite a weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment