Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Kolden Report: Birds of a feather and Quick Trip South, part two. May 5, 2013

Hello, kids!
 
Am happy to report that little snow exists in my world today.  It IS May after all!
 
I am pleased to report that the River Valley Traders Gift Shop and Art Gallery open house will be held May 24-27 from 10 AM-5PM located in the historic Fort Peck Hotel in Fort Peck, MT.   The shop has an amazing array of items for purchase such as art, pottery, jewelry and SO much more.  Be sure to stop in and see the selection and visit with  Nancy and Elizabeth - the two characters who run the shop.
 
And now, the rest of our road trip...
 


 
Broken dreams.  (This is a wall of casts and replicas of missing limbs of all sorts reside here- ready for use in building a prosthesis.)
 
 

 
 
Each of these belong to someone who has a definite physical need for a prosthesis.  When I look at this wall, I can't help but wonder about each one of these people.  If I had the time, I would contact each one and chronicle their journey.  THAT would make a great book, undoubtedly FULL of inspiration, as each of these people, when faced with adversity, kept on.
 

 
Tools of the trade.
 

 
Hope. 
 
 
Velcro rainbow. 
 

 
Parts is parts. 
 

 
When I saw this fella coming at me on a mission, I wasn't sure if I should run or keep snapping!
 

 
Over the fence.  (Turns out, he was gentle as a kitten and just looking for a hand out though I kept thinking of him goring me with a ginormous horn and didn't linger long.)
 

 
Spring mountain.
 

 
Old Glory (from the backside - still looks GOOD to me!)
 

 
Robin red breast.
 

 
Sun UP!
 

 
Singing for a girl.
 

 
Eye on the sky.
 

 
Morning warmth. 
 

 
Mailbox morning.
 

 
Suspended?
 

 
Dredge cut delight.  (Love the smooth stones in the foreground.)
 

 
Dredge cut delight, II.  (Love the sky reflected in the melt water.)
 

 
Floating gull.
 
***************************************************************************************************
Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. - Buddha   (It is likely that I already shared this with you but it is worthy of a repeat!)
 
***************************************************************************************************
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment