Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Kolden Report: Medicine Lake National Wildlife Refuge, Montana, Part Four. June 2, 2013

Hello, kids!
 

 
Community church.
 

 
While photographing the church, I spotted this Appaloosa watching me from a pasture across the road. 
 

 
He came on a run to visit!  I was tickled, having grown up on the back of horses, in particular one very similar horse named Tingo.  This fellow stood while I lavished him with attention,  eyes half closed, lower lip slack.  It took me right back to the many hours I spent chasing cows,  "trick riding" or just lounging on Tingo's back. 

 
As I turned to leave, he perked up roared away!
 

 
"Feeling his oats, he badgered his compadre. 
 

 

 
 
They obviously have played like this countless times prior.
 

 
Back along the lake, even the deer were on the run.
 

 
Wagon wheel hub.
 

 
Big water, green shores.
 

 
Drip-drop.
 


 
About to fall.
 

 
Sheet music, rain drops.
 

 
Stealth take off.
 

 
Group take-off.
 
Big lake, big prairie.
**************************************************************************************************
There is only one way to happiness, and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.
Epictetus
 
**************************************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment