Sunday, April 19, 2015

The Kolden Report: It's a family affair, part one.



Hello, kids!

Some of you may remember that last year I went on a sister's trip south, so that we might travel back North with our parents who were returning for the summer.  It was so much fun, we decided to do it again this year.

Sister Cindy had flown to Winterhaven previously and  my plan was to meet sister Penny, in Las Vegas and drive to Winterhaven.  I caught the early flight to Billings and hailed a cab downtown.  As it turns out, Friday the 13th is a VERY lucky day for me. 






This is Cabbie Keith.  He's kind, polite and drives well. 





Meet Ossie,  a true gem.  I'm stunned and pleased to report that I now am the proud owner of this lovely string of Vietnamese pearls you see about her neck.  Her generosity brought tears of joy!  Thank you, Ossie...for your kindness.  I look forward to seeing you again soon.






The day ended just as smoothly as it started with a shuttle ride from the airport to the hotel in Vegas.






Flowers are quite lovely at night.  These surrounded the rooftop pool.






Branch bliss.







Peach passion.






"Centered".






Jolly holly.






The hunt for ice.  (Sister Penny and I traveled the hotel in search of ice, only to discover the machine was right across the hall from our room!)





Sculptural steel.  (This is life size.  I love it!)






 Hawaii, or Vegas?  (Nori wrapped spam and rice was on every convenience store counter when I lived in Hawaii.)

Up next:  Leaving Las Vegas.

********************************************************************************************************************************
"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries.  Without them, humanity cannot survive." - Dalai Lama

*********************************************************************************************************************************
www.thekoldenreport.blogspot.com
www.kittykolden.com

No comments:

Post a Comment