Sunday, January 23, 2011

Winter Report 2010 -2011

Hello, kids!

It's been a while since I was able to post.  I have a selection of winter photos for your viewing pleasure.

My middle aged Christmas cactus shows its stuff.






I spotted this hawk, resting in a tree.




 A deer had meandered through the snow drifts.










 This fawn has lost its Mama to hunters. 

































I love the contrasting colors in this shot.



































The ice crystals appear to be made of glass!



Another look at frost laden grasses:



I took this shot under flash one morning.  It looks more like foam than frost!


 A similar shot under natural light.
Before the river froze over, I spent some time capturing the silvery reflections.
The grays and whites of the natural world lend softness in comparison to the harsh, cold reality of winter.

Smooth fingers of ice reach out into the water from the river banks.


No comments:

Post a Comment