Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Kolden Coyote Report, Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Good morning, kids!  I hope you all had a safe and productive weekend honoring our fallen heroes who gave their lives so that we might live in freedom.

Now, on to the Kolden Report:

I spotted this faint rainbow while mowing the grass this weekend.  There was actually a second, even fainter rainbow off to the west although I could not capture both at the same time.


A bit later that day, we discovered that amazingly - MANGY COYOTE LIVES!




He stopped to look and listen, hunting for his breakfast.

He must have spotted a mouse here and remains poised for the pounce.

Here, listening forward and aft, he continues on, hunting for food.


Undaunted, with no easy prey available, he prepares to move on.

We continued to watch the coyote as he ran down the field toward a rooster pheasant.  The  pheasant ignored the coyote who trotted down the road to the corner where he stopped to poop, kicking dirt and grass up over his "handiwork" when finished, just as male domesticated dogs do.

This morning, the sun was peeking through heavy cloud cover, shining a golden reflection on the river.


The more sun shining through, the more reflection seen.



This is my favorite shot - the pinky gold light playing off the river.


The spent blooms of many dandelions in the alfalfa have a charm of their own.



As I neared town today, I spotted three police cars with their lights flashing.  One of the cars drove away before I could get my camera ready but, two remain with the pickup they had obviously stopped.  I'm guessing that those in town with scanners may have heard what the stop was.  I can only imagine.




Thought for the day: Be careful out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment