Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Kolden "Variety Report" Wednesday, June 30, 2010




During the course of the last week plus, I've taken pictures as they've "struck my fancy".  Here is a compilation of the past days.

Delicate alfalfa blooms line the road to our house.

Huge, puffy clouds travel through the neighborhood.



































The robin parents gather grub for the kids.






 I think this is a young bird, eying me.



Songbird tracks in the mud.




























Can you guess what this is?



(It's a macro view of cottonwood down with dew drop indentations)

Dew laden grass.


The tell tale roar of a spray plane drew me outside. 




































I told Jim that it was excellent practice for me to shoot him as he dipped, dived and made tight turns as it might improve my skills at capturing birds in flight!


































It was good practice.




















When I came upon this next shot while driving to town, thoughts that I've had many times crossed my mind.  How do you lose just one shoe?  Where is the other shoe?  Are there people walking around with only one shoe?  The very next day I came across one sandal in front of a local watering hole, laying in the street. This is not an uncommon sight, mind you. Again I wondered....Have you ever lost just one shoe? Not me....I have "misplaced"  them both in years gone by but never just ONE shoe.






 
The moon has shone on me while driving to town this past week.

 Rooster Kolden puts in an appearance.
 Wood vine clings to our shop in soft light.



Finally, here are a couple sunrise views.





My husband claims that this is the most photographed section of the Missouri river! He may be right...


Here's hoping that you all have a safe and happy 4th of July as we celebrate our nation's independence!


PS. A big Happy Birthday goes out to Cousin Carol on the 28th!  39 again?

No comments:

Post a Comment