Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Kolden Nest Report, Friday, May 28, 2010

Kolden Nest Report, Friday, May 28, 2010
Hello, kids!
We had a torrential downpour and gale force winds last night, causing the walls of our sturdy house to shake.  This morning,when I looked out the window I wondered if  mamma robin's nest wasn't on the ground east of the little tree.  Upon closer inspection I found the nest - soaked and heavy on the ground along with 3 of the 4 eggs - all unbroken. The fourth egg is nowhere to be found.
 I also spotted this robin browsing for snacks and wondered if it wasn't mamma robin?




On the way to town, this rooster was quite cocky, strolling about on the road as if to say, "World...here I am!"


 
Then, I spotted this meadowlark, singing his heart out.  Instantly, my thoughts were "sing for your supper!" (Which is crazy since it was breakfast time but...you can't help what thoughts go through your mind).





I am certain that it was a male as he then fluffed his feathers, just like the pheasants do and proceeded to belt out another song.
 Just a bit further, I was intrigued by this reflection of a cottonwood tree in a water puddle. I have decided that I must try to shoot more reflections....they are quite interesting!










This old shack called out to me.  The lichen covered roof provides a splash of color against a gray sky and the lush green foreground.

My eyes were interested by this composition.



Here's hoping that you and your loved ones had a safe and happy Memorial day weekend. 

Stay tuned for tomorrow's report, Coyote and Sunrise.

The thought for today is:  "Let it be..."

No comments:

Post a Comment